Wednesday 30 March 2011

Cute & Fluffy Things In My Life...

Just thought I would throw in a few pictures of my pets...they always make me smile.  They all have their different attitudes and ways like us.

I have 4 Guinea Pigs (all female) and I have 3 hamsters (two male, one female).


Truffles was my first piggy.  She was 11 months when I got her Jan 2010.

Smudge was my second.  She was 4 months old.  Not long after getting her I noticed a lump that was getting bigger.  She ended up having an operation.  She pulled through and the lump was removed but she didn't heal too well.  She kept ripping out the stitches and staples.  The vets and I tried everything but she insisted on ripping them out!  In the end we had to dose her up on strong painkillers that knocked her out.  This resulted in her not eating and her weight plummeted.  She became so gaunt and frail but after many vet visits and weeks of suffering...she bounced back and is now healthy and happy....and noisy!

Muffin...she is so adorable.  She was only a baby when I got her...she was about 2 months old.  She had this little tuft of hair that went into a pointy mohawk.  I fell in love and got her.  She has got fluffier and fluffier and now has a full on fringe!  She is gorgeous though.
  

Bo.  She was about a month old when I got her.  She was so so so tiny! She is kept with Smudge who has taken to mothering her.  She is adorable.  She's a fussy eater though!






















As for hamsters...

I got Pippa first.  She is now a year old.  Unfortunately you can't handle her.  She doesn't like to play etc....she just goes for your fingers.  I know first hand she has sharp teeth.

Then I got little Frankie.  I shouldn't have favourites...but he is adorable.  He is so gentle.  He is around 9 months old.

Charlie...I adopted him when I found out someone was giving away their hamster.  I took him in.  I don't know how old he is but they said they thought he was around the 6 month mark.  So he would be about a year old now.  All he does is sleep, come out in the evening for food...then goes back to bed!  He is so so so lazy. X







No comments:

Post a Comment