Friday 8 April 2011

Finally...The Weekend.

Hello,

So glad it's finally the weekend.  This week has been a bit stressful at times with work as it was my first week "going solo".

I used to work in a clothes shop called Evans for 4 years.  I recently changed job and now work as a bank cashier.  I've just done 6 weeks....5 of them i was being trained.  Hence why this week I went "solo" without the help of a trainer.  I think I did ok.  Well...the woman I worked with said I did really well.  However i got a little panicky at times with things I hadn't been shown or couldn't do.

Had some nice customer comments though which is always a plus.

I have never really mentioned the hell I went through with my old job...

Basically the deputy manager bullied me.  She hated my guts, tried to always get me into trouble and turn other members of staff (who were my friends) against me.  After being walked over by her (badly for 2 years) I reported her to the manager.  I literally broke down on the phone and said "she goes or I do".

The manager (who at one point also hated my guts thanks to my deputy) came over to the island to "sort out" the problem.  Thing is she did a little sob story and got away with murder.  It was all about her and her problems.  What about the suffering she had put me through?  She was also a reason 2 other girls left.  One being my close friend Kelsey.  We couldn't hack her crap (excuse my language) any more.

Every day all we heard was her love life, her problems etc.  When we wanted to talk about us for a moment....she didn't care.  Also you ask her to keep something secret and half the island knows within a day.

So we all had enough.

Her face when I handed my notice in was a picture.  Wish I had a camera at the time.  Would have framed it.

Kels and I love our new jobs.  We work for the same company again but different branches.  We are much happier our of that place.  She played us off against each other and I was worried we would lose our friendship because of her.  Luckily it all turned out ok.  We've always got each other's backs.

As for my old workplace...

All i've heard is negativity from customers and staff.  Definitely made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment