Saturday 2 April 2011

Interesting Night

I was with a friend of mine tonight when a girl I worked with briefly sent me a text message.  She is a close friend of mine but I don't see her often as we both changed jobs.  I have always felt like I can relate to her as we both have depression and a lot going on in our lives.  However when she tells me why she is low I always see me in the past.  Similar situations, thoughts, feelings etc.

Anyway she was alone at the park and needed a friend so I went to see her.  She had been crying and I was worried.  I tried cheering her up as best as I could after a heart to heart and took her to my house.  Poor girl was freezing cold.  She had been at the park from 4pm and it was now around 9pm.

I did something I have never ever done before.  The diaries I wrote from the age of 13 to help me cope...I never show anyone.  However...I dug them out and let her look.  She was fascinated by them.  She said how much of a great idea it was and it's something she might start doing to help her.

I have always seen my diaries not as a book....but as a friend.  You can tell it what ever you want, whenever you want.  I know they have helped me so I hope they help her.

I care about her a lot and I worry about her.  I hope she pull through the bad times.  Deep down she is a bubbly, happy, hyper person.  A bit like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment